FreeBSD ports you maintain which are out of date

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri May 30 15:28:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Jos Chrispijn <ports at webrz.net> wrote:
> portscout at FreeBSD.org:
>
>> Dear port maintainer,
>>
>> The portscout new distfile checker has detected that one or more of your
>> ports appears to be out of date. Please take the opportunity to check
>> each of the ports listed below, and if possible and appropriate,
>> submit/commit an update. If any ports have already been updated, you can
>> safely ignore the entry.
>>
>> You will not be e-mailed again for any of the port/version combinations
>> below.
>

> --- cut ---
>
> Can't we create a separate newsgroup for these kind of messages?
>
> No offense meant (keep up the good work).

to there are no maintainers of these ports.

If a separate mailing list was created for these kinds of messages,
who would be subscribed to them.  Most likely no one.

to the community informing them of build breakage or that there is an
available update for the port.  This will then allow some one from the
ports@ community to submit an update for the port and to become it's
maintainer.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.