port maintainership of alpine?

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sat May 24 20:26:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, 24 May 2014, the wise Kurt Jaeger wrote:

> How many ports did you already build yourself ? On which fbsd versions ?
> Did you sometimes fix ports to get them to build ?

Using FreeBSD since 4.0 (I think) as my main OS, and always used ports, so
it must be hundreds? Problems I fixed myself after some googling or with
help from the mailinglists.

> Ah! Thanks for the pointer. Then you only need to get the 'make' stuff.
>
> How much 'make' did you take up on the side ?
>
> I guess (very rough guess, I know) you need between 40 to 80 hours (!)
> to dig deep enough to get it done. You need to learn make.

Hmm I think it would be best then to look into make first.

--
Love thy neighbor as thyself, but choose your neighborhood.
 		-- Louise Beal