port maintainership of alpine?

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sat May 24 19:33:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

My favorite mailer alpine has no port maintainer at the moment. Ports
that have no maintainer and/or staging are at risk of being deleted from
the portstree, and alpine is a port that I would definitely miss.

So I was thinking of becoming a port maintainer. Although I'm using
FreeBSD for 15 years now, I have no programming experience at all.

So my first question is if it is possible for someone like me to become a
maintainer for a port like alpine, or should I learn programming in C
first?

Regards,
Marco
--
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  And littered with
sloppy analysis!