Net-SNMP conflict

Richard Kuhns rjk at wintek.com
Tue May 20 14:06:59 UTC 2014

Mark Felder wrote:
> On 2014-05-20 03:18, Pete Carah wrote:
>> PLEASE don't automatically install pkg during the build of ANY other
>> package; if this happens in the middle of a portupgrade -a on a system
>> without pkgng, the result is not pretty; all packages built after
>> net-snmp have a duplicated origin, among other things.  I hope I can
>> recover the system since it is supposed to be a production server.
>>
>> Yes, I realize I'll have to convert.  However, this forced install
>> doesn't convert the database so the pkg database and /var/db/pkg end up
>> inconsistent, and I can't tell what is really installed on all of the
>> packages that show a duplicated origin.
>>

> ports-mgmt/pkg should not be a dependency of any port. Are you saying
> this happened? Can you identify which port?

The Makefile for net-mgmt/net-snmp contains this snippet:

# pkg-1.2 cannot handle this dependency well.
.if !defined(WITH_PKGNG)
LIB_DEPENDS=    libpkg.so:${PORTSDIR}/ports-mgmt/pkg
.endif

--
Richard Kuhns <rjk at wintek.com>     Main Number:      765-742-8428
Wintek Corporation                 Direct:           765-269-8541