Best practice for mackaging software without "release tarballs"?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 19 13:35:52 UTC 2014

Hello, Ports.

 I want to make port for TI MSP430 toolchain (binutils-newlib-gcc based, new
one, not old and unsupported "devel/msp430*"), but problem is, that I need
to package "tip of git branch", as all released tarballs (even snapshot
ones) contains bugs.

 What is the best practice for such situation? Is it possible to require git
as build-dependency and checkout sources (with some fixed revision, of
course, not "rolling" one) or should I prepare tarballs myself and put it
into ${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL}?

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>