ACTION REQUIRED - Unstaged Ports being DEPRECATED on June 31st.

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 19 08:42:31 UTC 2014

Hello, Baptiste.
You wrote 19 мая 2014 г., 3:10:14:

>>  One of my ports: "sysutils/geom5" install GEOM class and need to creater
>>  HARD link from /sbin/geom to /sbin/graid5.
>>
>>   I don't understand, how could I stagefy THAT. Any ideas?
BD> This kind of things cannot be package at all even from prior stage.
 Yes, I know. It is marked as NO_PACKAGE and I could say more: it could not
 be packaged because it needs kernel sources to be built, and, ideally,
 sources of used kernel (opts.h from it).

 Anyway, "ACTION REQUIRED" message was about ALL ports, not only
 packageable-ones :)

BD> Another question is why installing in base when it could work from local base?
BD> /usr/local/lib/geom/geom_raid.so
BD> and the glabel might become a simple script:

BD> /usr/local/sbin/glabel:
BD> GEOM_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
BD> /sbin/geom label $@

 I like this idea.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>