New/Updated port

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Fri May 16 17:21:55 UTC 2014

New to the list so educate me not flame me please :)

I wanted a newer version of PG Pool II (version 3.2 or above -
particularly supporting memcached) .. Got no response from the
maintainer (though it was only a couple of days ago when I emailed - so
not expecting an immediate response)..

Either way thought I'd have a go at making the port myself... I seem to
be successful, tarball (to be unpacked in /usr/port/databases) if anyone
is interested:
http://flashback.sorbs.net/packages/pgpool-II-33-port.tar.gz (created
with PORTSUFFIX of 33 so as not to conflict with anything current)

Seems to build find on my VMs for 9.0/1/2 on amd64 and 9.2 on i386 under
poudriere controlled by jenkins.

Where to go now?

Do I become a maintainer?  Do I submit to a maintainer for consideration
of inclusion?

Would love some advice, I don't have a lot of time outside of my other
commitments to do much work (and certainly can't take on other ports at
the moment.)

Regards,

Michelle

--