ports/INDEX building broken on 11.0-CURRENT

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 13 08:50:20 UTC 2014

Please excuse the crosspost.  I'm not sure if this is a ports problem or
a CURRENT problem.

I just updated my 11.0-CURRENT machine to r265940 and can no longer
build ports/INDEX-11.  My ports tree is r353903.  I think this problem
is being caused by the recent changes to /usr/share/mk/*.

# make index
Generating INDEX-11 - please wait..--- describe.accessibility ---
--- describe.arabic ---
--- describe.archivers ---
--- describe.astro ---
--- describe.audio ---
--- describe.benchmarks ---
--- describe.biology ---
--- describe.cad ---
--- describe.chinese ---
--- describe.comms ---
--- describe.converters ---
--- describe.databases ---
--- describe.deskutils ---
--- describe.devel ---
clang33: not found
make[5]: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.compiler.mk" line 24: warning: "clang33 --version" returned non-zero status
make[5]: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.compiler.mk" line 37: Unable to determine compiler type for clang33.  Consider setting COMPILER_TYPE.
===> devel/ccons failed
*** [describe.devel] Error code 1

make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports
1 error

make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections.
If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and OPTIONS_SET/UNSET settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports

If I go to the offending port:

# cd /usr/ports/devel/ccons/
# make describe
clang33: not found
make: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.compiler.mk" line 24: warning: "clang33 --version" returned non-zero status
make: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.compiler.mk" line 37: Unable to determine compiler type for clang33.  Consider setting COMPILER_TYPE.

I don't have any problems building the INDEX file on 9.3-PRERELEASE
r265940.