devel/binutils and devel/gnulibiberty version mismatch

Geoff Speicher geoff at sea-incorporated.com
Mon May 12 00:04:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Geoff Speicher
<geoff at sea-incorporated.com>wrote:

> Actually, I have a question about ports/184327. This bug report asserts
> that ansidecl.h is an internal file necessary only to build the GNU
> toolchain and should not be installed by devel/binutils. However, binutils
> also installs bfd.h which happens to include ansidecl.h (at least, it does
> in v2.24). Therefore, the installed bfd.h is broken. This fact either
> contradicts the original assertion that ansidecl.h should not be installed,
> or else it implies that bfd.h should not be installed either.

There was a third possibility that I had overlooked, and appears to be a
decent compromise: bfd.h doesn't actually need to directly include
ansidecl.h for anything that I can see, so if we patch the port to remove
the include directive then bfd.h is no longer broken and ports/184327 is
also satisfied. Any objections to this?