Unable to use ports on 8.3 or earlier since r352986

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 10 06:22:02 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 12:26:36AM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:

> [...]

A hack has been added to bmake in base just for the sake of being able to have
the ports tree compatible with bmake and old make because all our versions of
make were able to understand :tl and :tu but the version in 8.3

This hack to allow this is quite ugly and it was promissed to bmake maintainer
to allow them to remove it as soon as possible aka after the EOL of 8.3

Now if you really want to continue with 8.3 just install devel/bmake from a
ports tree check out from prior the commit your point at and then use it with
newer checkouts

regards,
Bapt