chrome does not work inside a jail

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Mon May 5 12:11:47 UTC 2014

Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 04 May 2014 21:10:53 -0400
> Fbsd8 <fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com> wrote:
>
>> Erich Dollansky wrote:
>>> I just installed chrome inside a jail. It does not display
>>> anything. No matter what it is like settings or configuration or
>>> any website. The same works as expected when chrome runs inside the
>>> host system.
>>>
>>> The chrome version is Version 33.0.1750.152 (256984).
>>>
>>> When I run other applications like firefox, kate, gedit or
>>> claws-mail in a jail, it all works.
>>>
>>> Is this normal?
>>>
>>> Erich
>>>

>> What do you mean by "installed chrome inside a jail"?
>
> I created a normal FreeBSD jail. I copied the ports tree into the jail.
> Started the jail and compiled chrome.
>> What version of FreeBSD you running?
>
> 10.0 STABLE.
>
>> Are you running xorg and desktop in a jail?
>
> No, X run directly on the machine. Also the desktop. I used telnet to
> connect to the jail.
>
>> What video card are you using?
>>
> I use the internal GPU of a second generation i7 CPU.
>
> Erich

I am pretty sure chrome has to be installed into a jail that already has
xorg and a desktop installed in it. IE chrome does not run from the
command line. Since you have xorg and your desktop installed on the host
that is where you should have installed chrome.

As a side note. This post has nothing to do with the ports system. That
is why you are getting no other replies. You should have posted to the
questions list. If you need more help repost your question to the
questions list.