Thunderbird 24.5.0 - Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Sat May 3 13:30:08 UTC 2014

Am Sat, 3 May 2014 14:24:35 +0200
schrieb Kurt Jaeger <lists at opsec.eu>:

> Hi!
>
> > I have installed OpenLDAP which is working fine with system login
> > and several other ports like (Apache, ProFTPD, Dovecot):
> >
> > # pkg version -v |grep ldap
> > nss_ldap-1.265_10                  =   up-to-date with port
> > openldap-sasl-client-2.4.39        =   up-to-date with port
> > openldap-sasl-server-2.4.39_1      =   up-to-date with port
> > pam_ldap-1.8.6_2                   =   up-to-date with port
> > php5-ldap-5.4.28                   =   up-to-date with port
> > proftpd-mod_ldap-1.3.4d_5          =   up-to-date with port
>
> linux-f10-openldap-2.4.12_1        =   up-to-date with port
> nss_ldap-1.265_10                  =   up-to-date with port
> openldap-client-2.4.39             =   up-to-date with port
> openldap-server-2.4.39_1           =   up-to-date with port
> p5-perl-ldap-0.5800                =   up-to-date with port
> pam_ldap-1.8.6_2                   =   up-to-date with port
> php5-ldap-5.4.28                   =   up-to-date with port
>
> > These are my configuration options of OpenLDAP:
>
> ===> The following configuration options are available for
> openldap-client-2.4.39: FETCH=off: Enable fetch(3) support
>
> > # make showconfig
> >
> > ===> The following configuration options are available for
> > openldap-sasl-server-2.4.39_1: ACCESSLOG=off: With In-Directory
> > Access Logging overlay ACI=off: Per-object ACI (experimental)
> >      AUDITLOG=off: With Audit Logging overlay
> >      BDB=on: With BerkeleyDB backend (DEPRECATED)
> >      COLLECT=off: With Collect overy Services overlay
> >      CONSTRAINT=off: With Attribute Constraint overlay
> >      DDS=off: With Dynamic Directory Services overlay
> >      DEREF=off: With Dereference overlay
> >      DNSSRV=off: With Dnssrv backend
> >      DYNACL=off: Run-time loadable ACL (experimental)
> >      DYNAMIC_BACKENDS=on: Build dynamic backends
> >      DYNGROUP=off: With Dynamic Group overlay
> >      DYNLIST=off: With Dynamic List overlay
> >      FETCH=off: Enable fetch(3) support
> >      MDB=on: With Memory-Mapped DB backend
> >      MEMBEROF=off: With Reverse Group Membership overlay
> >      ODBC=off: With SQL backend
> >      PASSWD=off: With Passwd backend
> >      PERL=off: With Perl backend
> >      PPOLICY=off: With Password Policy overlay
> >      PROXYCACHE=off: With Proxy Cache overlay
> >      REFINT=off: With Referential Integrity overlay
> >      RELAY=off: With Relay backend
> >      RETCODE=off: With Return Code testing overlay
> >      RLOOKUPS=off: With reverse lookups of client hostnames
> >      RWM=off: With Rewrite/Remap overlay
> >      SASL=on: With (Cyrus) SASL2 support
> >      SEQMOD=on: With Sequential Modify overlay
> >      SHA2=off: With SHA2 Password hashes overlay
> >      SHELL=off: With Shell backend (disables threading)
> >      SLAPI=off: With Netscape SLAPI plugin API (experimental)
> >      SLP=off: With SLPv2 (RFC 2608) support
> >      SMBPWD=off: With Samba Password hashes overlay
> >      SOCK=off: With Sock backend
> >      SSSVLV=off: With ServerSideSort/VLV overlay
> >      SYNCPROV=on: With Syncrepl Provider overlay
> >      TCP_WRAPPERS=on: With tcp wrapper support
> >      TRANSLUCENT=off: With Translucent Proxy overlay
> [...]

Thanks for your testing. And my feeling strongly suggests that
SASL will be the reason of the segmentation fault. I have detected some
OpenLDAP SASL related errors on 10.0-RELEASE in the past:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2014-February/089516.html
https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44576

That error affected portmaster and is solved.

It might be helful to add an SASL hint and a reference to this thread
to PR188019 (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=188019). This
could help the port maintainers. But I am afraid that I cannot add
comments on an open PR. What do you recommend on how to proceed?

Regards,
Peter