Thunderbird 24.5.0 - Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Sat May 3 11:45:14 UTC 2014

Am Sat, 3 May 2014 12:54:58 +1000
schrieb Robert Backhaus <robbak at robbak.com>:

> On 3 May 2014 09:15, Dr. Peter Voigt <pvoigt at uos.de> wrote:
>
> > Am Fri, 2 May 2014 16:45:33 +1000
> > schrieb Robert Backhaus <robbak at robbak.com>:
> >
> > > A backtrace would be useful. Re-make the port with make -
> >

> > DWITH_DEBUGWell, Mailman has removed all attachments from my last
> > post. Please
> > find all files here:
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pbftm2vmor9hljx/HG89ZMo9jM
> >
> >  I can't see anything that stands out to me, but that's probably
> > saying
> more about my knowledge than the output. I do see that it crashed in
> ldap, so my next step would be looking if there have been issues with
> the ldap ports (/usr/ports/updating, searching, especially in this
> mailing list archives) and checking any options you have set and
> rebuilding net/openldap24-client

To be honest I cannot conclude anything from the backtrace.

I have installed OpenLDAP which is working fine with system login and
several other ports like (Apache, ProFTPD, Dovecot):

# pkg version -v |grep ldap
nss_ldap-1.265_10                  =   up-to-date with port
openldap-sasl-client-2.4.39        =   up-to-date with port
openldap-sasl-server-2.4.39_1      =   up-to-date with port
pam_ldap-1.8.6_2                   =   up-to-date with port
php5-ldap-5.4.28                   =   up-to-date with port
proftpd-mod_ldap-1.3.4d_5          =   up-to-date with port

These are my configuration options of OpenLDAP:

# make showconfig

===> The following configuration options are available for
openldap-sasl-client-2.4.39: FETCH=off: Enable fetch(3) support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

# make showconfig

===> The following configuration options are available for
openldap-sasl-server-2.4.39_1: ACCESSLOG=off: With In-Directory Access
Logging overlay ACI=off: Per-object ACI (experimental)
     AUDITLOG=off: With Audit Logging overlay
     BDB=on: With BerkeleyDB backend (DEPRECATED)
     COLLECT=off: With Collect overy Services overlay
     CONSTRAINT=off: With Attribute Constraint overlay
     DDS=off: With Dynamic Directory Services overlay
     DEREF=off: With Dereference overlay
     DNSSRV=off: With Dnssrv backend
     DYNACL=off: Run-time loadable ACL (experimental)
     DYNAMIC_BACKENDS=on: Build dynamic backends
     DYNGROUP=off: With Dynamic Group overlay
     DYNLIST=off: With Dynamic List overlay
     FETCH=off: Enable fetch(3) support
     MDB=on: With Memory-Mapped DB backend
     MEMBEROF=off: With Reverse Group Membership overlay
     ODBC=off: With SQL backend
     PASSWD=off: With Passwd backend
     PERL=off: With Perl backend
     PPOLICY=off: With Password Policy overlay
     PROXYCACHE=off: With Proxy Cache overlay
     REFINT=off: With Referential Integrity overlay
     RELAY=off: With Relay backend
     RETCODE=off: With Return Code testing overlay
     RLOOKUPS=off: With reverse lookups of client hostnames
     RWM=off: With Rewrite/Remap overlay
     SASL=on: With (Cyrus) SASL2 support
     SEQMOD=on: With Sequential Modify overlay
     SHA2=off: With SHA2 Password hashes overlay
     SHELL=off: With Shell backend (disables threading)
     SLAPI=off: With Netscape SLAPI plugin API (experimental)
     SLP=off: With SLPv2 (RFC 2608) support
     SMBPWD=off: With Samba Password hashes overlay
     SOCK=off: With Sock backend
     SSSVLV=off: With ServerSideSort/VLV overlay
     SYNCPROV=on: With Syncrepl Provider overlay
     TCP_WRAPPERS=on: With tcp wrapper support
     TRANSLUCENT=off: With Translucent Proxy overlay
     UNIQUE=off: With attribute Uniqueness overlay
     VALSORT=off: With Value Sorting overlay
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

I have searched the freebsd-ports mailing list backwards until December
2012. There are not many Thunderbird related posts. These might be
related

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2012-December/079785.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-February/081573.html

but they are terminated with no clear result.

I am out of ideas and I am wondering, if there is anybody
successfully using Thunderbird 24.5.0 on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p2 at all.

Besides that I feel my corresponding PR related to Thunderbird 24.4.0
somehow being ignored:
It would be helpful at least know, if this behavior is reproducible by
others.

Besides other things my FreeBSD server is hosting my emails. I have
installed e.g. Firefox and Thunderbird more as an emergency fallback
which I will only rarely need. If I should ever need to read my emails
directly on my server I could to it with GNU Emacs/Gnus or Claws Mail
which are both working so far on 10.0-RELEASE.

Regards,
Peter