Thunderbird 24.5.0 - Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Fri May 2 09:30:08 UTC 2014

Am Fri, 2 May 2014 16:45:33 +1000
schrieb Robert Backhaus <robbak at robbak.com>:

> A backtrace would be useful. Re-make the port with make -DWITH_DEBUG
> clean build . Then cd into the work directory and run the program
> from there. You can run it directly, and then pull the backtrace from
> the dumpfile (gdb ./thunderbird thunderbird.core), or or run it
> inside of gdb (gdb ./thunderbird, then type run). Get the backtrace
> by typing 'bt full' into gdb once the program crashes.

Thank you very much for advising this accociated with a detailed
description on how to proceed. I will do this today in the evening.

The current thunderbird.core files are about 140 MiB in size. I am
clueless on how to present such a huge file to the list. Do you have any
advice on this?

Regards,
Peter