FreeBSD Port: remmina-1.0.0_1

Will Brokenbourgh Will_Brokenbourgh at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 02:55:27 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I am having pretty severe issues with Remmina 1.0.0 ever since I made the switch from Linux to FreeBSD.

Problem 1:
==========
Even with a fresh config file/folder, there is a problem with the 'connection type', 'server address' and 'Connect' button layout.  Please see the attached images for more details.  Seems like the container has a 'homogeneous' setting wrong as two of those controls are the same height.

Problem 2:
==========
On connecting to a VNC server, Remmina segfaults, every time.  This is on either a straight connection or through SSH tunneling.  I have provided the gdb output below:

- - -
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/remmina
[New LWP 100415]
[New Thread 80c006400 (LWP 100415/remmina)]
Remmina plugin XDMCP (type=Protocol) registered.
Remmina plugin VNC (type=Protocol) registered.
Remmina plugin VNCI (type=Protocol) registered.
Remmina plugin GKEYRING (type=Secret) registered.
Remmina plugin telepathy (type=Entry) registered.
Remmina plugin RDP (type=Protocol) registered.
Remmina plugin RDPF (type=File) registered.
Remmina plugin RDPS (type=Preference) registered.
Remmina plugin SFTP (type=Protocol) registered.
Remmina plugin SSH (type=Protocol) registered.
[New Thread 80c361000 (LWP 100941/remmina)]
****CONNECTION MADE TO VNC SERVER HERE*****
[Switching to Thread 80c006400 (LWP 100415/remmina)]
0x0000000800f477c2 in g_object_unref () from /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0

If you have any questions, please give me a shout.

Thank you! :-)

Will Brokenbourgh