Update of freeradius-2.2.3_1 to freeradius-2.2.4 fails

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Mon Mar 31 16:02:16 UTC 2014

Am Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:19:48 +1100
schrieb Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au>:

> On 31/03/2014 5:38 AM, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> > On 30 Mar 2014, at 16:43, Dr. Peter Voigt <pvoigt at uos.de> wrote:
> >> I am running 10.0-RELEASE and when trying to upgrade
> >> freeradius-2.2.3_1 to freeradius-2.2.4 after the latest update of
> >> the ports tree I obtain the following build error:

> >> libtool: link: cc -pthread
> >> -o .libs/rlm_dbm_parser .libs/rlm_dbm_parser.o
> >> -L/usr/local/lib /usr/ports/net/freeradius2/work/freeradius-server-2.2.4/src/lib/.libs/libfreeradius-radius.so
> >> -lssl -lcrypto -lpthread -pthread  -Wl,-rpath
> >> -Wl,/usr/local/lib/freeradius-2.2.4 /usr/ports/net/freeradius2/work/freeradius-server-2.2.4/src/lib/.libs/libfreeradius-radius.so:
> >> undefined reference to
> >> `backtrace_symbols' /usr/ports/net/freeradius2/work/freeradius-server-2.2.4/src/lib/.libs/libfreeradius-radius.so:
> >> undefined reference to `backtrace' cc: error: linker command failed
> >> with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation) gmake[7]: ***
> > This probably needs -lexecinfo somewhere in its LDFLAGS.
> >
> > -Dimitry
> >

> Good suggestion Dimitry.  For freeradius2, this PR may assist:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/188089

Thank you, Dimitry, for pointing us to your above patch. I have just
patched /usr/ports/net/freeradius2/Makefile accordingly and could build
and install net/freeradius2 in version 2.2.4 without errors.

I  have used the following configuration:

# make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for
freeradius-2.2.4:
     DEVELOPER=off: Enable developer options
     DHCP=off: With DHCP support (EXPERIMENTAL)
     EDIR=off: Enable eDirectory support (implies LDAP)
     EXPERIMENTAL=off: Build experimental modules
     FIREBIRD=off: With Firebird database support (EXPERIMENTAL)
     HEIMDAL=off: With Heimdal Kerberos support
     HEIMDAL_PORT=off: With Heimdal Kerberos from ports
     KERBEROS=off: Kerberos support
     LDAP=off: LDAP support
     MYSQL=off: MySQL database support
     OCI8=off: With Oracle support (currently experimental)
     PERL=on: Perl scripting language support
     PGSQL=off: PostgreSQL database support
     PYTHON=on: Python bindings or support
     RUBY=off: Ruby bindings or support
     SSL_PORT=off: Use OpenSSL from the ports collection
     UDPFROMTO=off: Compile in UDPFROMTO support
     UNIXODBC=off: With unixODBC database support
     USER=on: Run as user freeradius, group freeradius
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

Regards,
Peter