Mysterious patches

A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Fri Mar 28 20:47:58 UTC 2014

Henry Hu wrote:

> They apply to src/raster-png.cxx and src/raster.cxx

Note to self: look inside the actual patch files themselves, it says right
there which files they apply to *oops*.

However, this does leave me puzzled about the file names. If a patch
applies to, say, src/foo/bar.c, shouldn't it be called
files/patch-src__foo__bar.c? This is how it's described in the Porter's
Handbook. Given a filename such as files/patch-png.cxx I would expect that
patch to apply to a file ${WRKDIR}/png.cxx.

What am I misunderstanding here?

AvW

--
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.