Port version problem

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sun Mar 23 12:19:41 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 07:16:38AM -0500 I heard the voice of
Matthew D. Fuller, and lo! it spake thus:

> I recommend "ignore it, it doesn't matter".

Or alternately phrased, use "-l'<'" instead of "-L=", like I always
do.  There are various reasons I'd have installed a newer version than
INDEX has, like NEW_XORG, and even version I'd have installed a newer
version than in the ports tree at all, like on a port I maintain and
have updated but hasn't gotten committed yet.

I only care to hear about stuff where I'm _behind_; if I'm _ahead_
that's the rest of the world's problem, not mine   :)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net