LPPL10 license consequences intended? (arabic/arabtex)

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Sat Mar 22 17:37:31 UTC 2014

In December, Nicola set the license for Arabtex to LPPL10.
The result is that the port is no longer packagable:

> ====>> Ignoring arabic/arabtex: License LPPL10 needs confirmation, but BATCH is defined
> build of /usr/ports/arabic/arabtex ended at Mon Mar 17 16:12:44 PDT 2014

>From a quick conversation on IRC, I got the idea that the license was
correct and many more Tex packages should also have this license.
If/when that happens, does that mean Tex packages are only to be built
from source?

Is it correct that LPPL10 can't be built in a batch?
The impact for DPorts is pretty high because a requirement for a dport
is that it can produce a binary package so right now it looks like I
have to prune arabtex.

John