[HEADSUP] pkg 1.3.0 alpha1: Breath of fresh air from Kirov

Andrew Thompson thompsa at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 18 01:03:37 UTC 2014

On 18 March 2014 06:21, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm really pleased to announce that the release process for the new major
> version of pkg(8) has started with this first alpha1 release.
>
> The main feature for this release is the complete rework of the solver.
> pkg(8) now features a real SAT solver and uses it for every operations
> requested
> by the user that may add, upgrade or remove packages.

I am sure this has been discussed before but does this release do anything
to help automating UPDATING or is this a planned feature?

Taking the last entry which says to "pkg set -o
misc/p5-OSSP-uuid:misc/ossp-uuid-perl", just do it for me pkg!

Andrew