pkgng vs random port moves

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Sun Mar 16 19:45:08 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-16 18:50, J David wrote:
> Is there a best practice for what to do with pkgng when ports
> maintainers randomly rename ports? (E.g. mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin
> being moved to mail/spamassassin a few days ago without notice or
> warning or documentation in UPDATING.)
>
> Prior to pkgng, we used to use pkg_replace for this.  portmaster also
> has an option for it.  But pkgng seems to assume that never happens
> which is (unfortunately) not a valid assumption.
>
> Thanks for any advice!

Hi David,

run the following command and pkgng will take care of the renamed port.
#> pkg set -o mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin:mail/spamassassin

The syntax is similar to the one from portmaster

pkgng: pkg set -o $old:$new
portmaster: portmaster -o $new $old

Unluckily for spamassassin there is only an entry in ports/MOVED an no
instructions in ports/UPDATING.

--
Regards,
olli