Requesting Committer Attention for ports/184011

Ryan Frederick ryanrfrederick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 22:28:46 UTC 2014

On 3/15/14, 5:09 PM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Hi, Ryan,
>
> I'll deal with this for you.  However, I can't commit the patch from the
> PR as it stands, as it doesn't have staging support.  That's absolutely
> required nowadays.
>
> It might be an idea to make the pkg_version/portaudit vs. pkg
> version/pkg audit choice be an OPTION setting with only the default
> based on the OS version -- plenty of people are running pkg(8) on
> earlier versions than 10.x.  I'll be happy to show you how to do that if
> you are unsure.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

I'd appreciate your help Matthew. I don't intend this patch to be an
end-all and be-all commit but rather a stopgap commit as part of
transitioning to a fork I've made of the original upstream
(https://github.com/rfrederick/check_ports). The original author ended
development three years ago, and since I use the port daily I'd like to
bring it up to speed as far as pkgng and staging support goes.

Ryan