FreeBSD ports you maintain which are out of date

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Fri Mar 14 11:18:29 UTC 2014

On 3/14/2014 12:08, A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven wrote:
> John Marino wrote:
>
>> I wanted to suggest that maybe portscout can not send any notice to
>> ports@ by rule if the port is unmaintained.
>
> On the other hand, seeing that a certain port is unmaintained might be an
> incentive for someone to pick it up. Apparently it's just this doomsday
> game that nobody seems to care for ;-)

we get periodic summaries of all broken and deprecated reports.  I don't
see why that approach can be extended to this, e.g. "unmaintained
reports with available updates".

Once a month to cover every port like this is okay.  The current
approach of spamming per port on every change is not really okay.

John