[graphics/libcdr] Boost issue breaks build?

A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Thu Mar 13 12:35:07 UTC 2014

Don Lewis wrote:

>>> Adding this to /etc/make.conf seems to work
>>>
>>> .if !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/graphics/libcdr) && exists(/usr/local/bin/gcc47)
>>> CC=gcc47
>>> CXX=g++47
>>> CPP=cpp47
>>> .endif
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I can't even build GCC itself:

[snip]
> > strverscmp.o
> > Shared object "libfl.so.2" not found, required by "ar"
> > gmake[3]: *** [libiberty.a] Error 1
[snip]
> Looks like ar from devel/binutils is broken on your machine.  On my most
> recently updated machine:
[snip]
> In any case, rebuilding and reinstalling devel/binutils should get you
> to the point where you can build lang/gcc47.

Thanks, that helped. I actually tried lang/gcc49 instead of lang/gcc47,
but still: rebuilding devel/binutils did the trick. GCC now builds, which
in turn "unbreaks" a bunch of other ports, chief among which are
x11/rxvt-unicode and editors/libreoffice (graphics/libcdr).

Thanks again,

AvW

--
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.