emulators/linux_base-c6 and x11/nvidia-driver conflict

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 7 13:45:38 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 01:58:49PM +0100, RenИ Ladan wrote:
> I noticed that linux_base-c6 and nvidia-driver conflict when one selects
> the LINUX option in nvidia-driver (default on). The culprit is
> /compat/linux/usr/lib/libGL.so.1, which is a symbolic link to
> libGL.so.331.49 (nvidia-driver) and libGL.so.1.2.0 (linux_base-c6).

nvidia-driver does indeed have a problem with conflicting libraries (not to
mendion new recently added ones: EGL|eglcore|GLESv|glsi that even do not
have properly registered CONFLICTS.

It's on my list, but quite frankly I've not made my mind yet how to resolve
them in the least obstructive way. :(

./danfe