Adventures in ports, chapter 346785

René Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 08:30:30 UTC 2014

On 03/05/2014 01:45, George Mitchell wrote:
> On 03/04/14 13:28, René Ladan wrote:
>> <mailto:george+freebsd at m5p.com>>:
>>
>>     Couldn't compile chromium without attached patch on FreeBSD 8.4.
>>

>> I committed a slightly different version of your patch in r347055, can
>> you retry?
>>
>> René
>>
> Thanks for your help, but this doesn't seem to fix the compile errors
> in content/browser/browser_shutdown_profile_dumper.cc,
> testing/perf/perf_test.cc, or ui/gfx/codec/jpeg_codec.cc that were
> caused by the absence or misordering of stdio.h.           -- George

Hmm, I did add the patch for
content/browser/browser_shutdown_profile_dumper.cc as a conditional
patch when using GCC (i.e. in files/extra-patch-gcc).

I indeed forgot to add the other two patches which I added to
files/extra-patch-gcc too (having to place stdio.h before <thisfile>.h
looks fishy, but that's another story).

>From what I see on my virtual 8.4 box, chromium should choose GCC 4.7+
as compiler (and clang on 10.0).

To be really sure, what is the output of 'make -V CHOSEN_COMPILER_TYPE'
on your box?

René