amavis[12345]: (12345-02) (!)file utility failed: exit 1

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 07:05:11 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Michael Grimm
<trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On 04.03.2014, at 14:04, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>>> amavisd-new requires sysutils/file which throws an error
>
> [...]
>
>> I checked the Magdir/windows file and the bug is still there.  You
>> will need to apply the patch that is in PR 183257 to get rid of the
>> error.
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=183257
>>
>> Could someone commit this patch to the sysutils/file port.
>
> Oh, I see. I was just curious whether I might have missed something obvious.
>
> Regarding amavisd-new there is a workaround, I am using /usr/bin/file for the time beeing.

Looks like the file utility programmers fixed it another way by
patching src/softmagic.c to use the C locale when calling regcomp.

See http://bugs.gw.com/view.php?id=292

They had fixed the issue on 2/18/2014, so you will have to wait for
file > 5.17 to be released.

Of apply the patch in that bug report.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.