samba36 on 10-RELEASE can't join AD

William Marcelo Piovezan william at uli.com.br
Wed Mar 5 03:30:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm getting exactly the same problem as described in this message.

I was using FreeBSD 9.2 with samba36 working in a Windows environment, the
DC is Windows 2012.

I´ve just updated to FreeBSD 10  and could not join AD anymore. Kinit works
perfectly buy net ads join returns the following error:

Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Looping detected inside
krb5_get_in_tkt

After several retries, the computer account at Windows DC has been locked
(maybe due to domain policy). I´ve deleted the account and tried to join
again but the same problem happened. But for some reason the computer
account is added to the Windows DC even with the Samba error. Trying wbinfo
-u returns nothing so I suspect the machine has not been added at all.

Is there anyone that could solve or workaround this problem? I have the
latest samba36.22 with heimdal installed.

> I can't seem to join AD with samba36 on 10-RELEASE:

server:/usr/local/etc % sudo net ads join -U pacija
> Enter pacija's password:
> kerberos_kinit_password
<http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports> pacija at
EXAMPLE.ORG <javascript:;> failed: Looping