dns/djbdns [do-package] Error code 1

bapt at FreeBSD.org bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 3 22:31:37 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 11:04:12PM +0100, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:47:51 -0800
> David Thiel <lx at redundancy.redundancy.org> wrote:
>
> > On 02/27, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> > > I stumbled over the same problem today on 10.0, make NO_STAGE=1
> > > install worked for me on the first attempt though. I can also
> > > confirm the problem with dnscache-conf when installing the binary
> > > package using "pkg install".
> >
> > Can you confirm the exact version you installed via pkg install,
> > including PORTREVISION?
>
> [3/3] Installing djbdns-1.05_17,1... done
>
>  pkg info djbdns
>  configuration file djbdns-1.05_17,1
> Name           : djbdns
> Version        : 1.05_17,1
> Installed on   : Mon Mar  3 20:24:26 UTC 2014
> Origin         : dns/djbdns
> Architecture   : freebsd:10:x86:64
> Prefix         : /usr/local
> Categories     : dns
> Maintainer     : lx at FreeBSD.org
> WWW            : http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html
> Comment        : Collection of secure and reliable DNS tools
> Options        :
>         ADD_USERS      : off
>         DNSCURVE       : off
>         DUMPCACHE      : off
>         IGNOREIP       : off
>         IP6            : off
>         JUMBO          : off
>         MAN            : on
>         PERSISTENT_MMAP: off
>         SRV            : off
> Flat size      : 801KiB
> Description    :
>
> Bapt's latest fixes (1.05_18,1) seem to solve this, *but*...
>

> > > I'm not certain about the maintainer situation of the port, if you
> > > want me to I could take a closer look at this in a few days.
> >
> > The difficulty here is that the maintainer can't reproduce the problem
> > at all, and I'm not intimately familiar with the internals of stage
> > support. I don't see anything in the port that looks timing-dependent,
> > so I'm not sure where to go.
>
> unfortunately now it seems like staging is not working reliably. I
> noticed this while building on a host that actually runs dnscache (it's
> reproducible about 90% of the time):
>
> # make clean stage

> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> ./install
> install: fatal: unable to write .../bin/dnscache: text busy
> *** Error code 111
>
> Stop.
> make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/dns/djbdns/work/djbdns-1.05
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/dns/djbdns
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/dns/djbdns
>
> Which simply means, that ./install is trying to overwrite the
> running /usr/local/bin/dnscache.
>
> MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE works here, so there's probably a parallel execution
> problem which messes up the conf-home logic/workaround. If I introduce
> "sleep 1" to the pre-install target things work as expected. Also, if
> [...]

That's a good catch!, I took my solution from debian packaging, but I think I
have missed something out there, the timestamp should have been taken in account
in my patch, I may have missed something, I go digging again in debian package
to see what I missed, but your invesgation helps for sure

regards,
Bapt