guile broken for me on 11.0-CURRENT i386

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 3 19:23:26 UTC 2014

I've been having trouble building gnome-games for a while now and
finally had some time to dig into it.  The problem appears to be that
guile is broken.  The gnome-games build runs guile-config during
configure doesn't notice that the output is messed up, which causes
breakage later in the build.

If I run guile-config, I get:

% guile-config
ERROR: Unbound variable: define

If I rebuild guile, cd to the work directory and run check-guile:

# ./check-guile
Testing /usr/ports/lang/guile/work/guile-1.8.8/pre-inst-guile ...
with GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/usr/ports/lang/guile/work/guile-1.8.8/test-suite
ERROR: Unbound variable: define

I tried rebuilding with gcc46 instead of clang, but that doesn't make
any difference.  I don't see any suspicious compilation warnings.

Is anyone else seeing this?