multimedia/tvheadend fails under FreeBSD 9.2-stable

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 22:31:20 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 11:18 PM, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Bernhard Fröhlich <decke at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> why github master builds fine without FreeBSD specific patches. The downside
>> is that I cannot get github master to find any channels for my DVB-S2 device
>> so I am still working on it before I will commit it to the tree. You
>> might still give
>> it a try and see if it works better for you:
>>
>> svn co https://svn.redports.org/decke/multimedia/tvheadend/
>
> This one builds and installs fine here.
> But, my DVB adapters shows up as DVB-T, not DVB-C. Like this:
> root at kg-f4# more input/linuxdvb/adapters/054722dbab4c09d51865b6e711708870
> {
>         "rootpath": "/dev/dvb/adapter0",
>         "frontends": {
>                 "DVB-T #0": {
>                         "fullmux": true,
>                         "noclosefe": false,
>                         "enabled": true,
>                         "priority": 0,
>                         "displayname": "Sony CXD2820R : DVB-T #0",
>                         "type": "DVB-T"
>                 }
>         }
> }
> root at kg-f4# more input/linuxdvb/adapters/4f9a5c8319d23d3521cda8e2d1c80786
> {
>         "rootpath": "/dev/dvb/adapter1",
>         "frontends": {
>                 "DVB-T #0": {
>                         "fullmux": true,
>                         "noclosefe": false,
>                         "enabled": true,
>                         "priority": 0,
>                         "displayname": "DRXK DVB-C DVB-T : DVB-T #0",
>                         "type": "DVB-T"
>                 }
>         }
> }
>
> Unfortunately, the source has changed so much that I can't figure out
> a way to do the simple patch (or something with the same effect;
> always return DVB_C for an adapter) or where to apply such patch.
>
> Hmm, ok, I see now that things have changed in TVH. I'm defining a
> DVB-C network, naming it Get and selecting my predefined 21 muxes from
> no_Oslo_Get.
> But it is impossible to select that network (or any network for that
> matter) from the DVB adapter parameters page. The drop down select
> just returns. and If I write something in the field and press save it
> is gone the next time I get to that page. I have "Loglevel debug:
> enabled" but nothing gets written in the log.
>
> main problem seems to be that tvheadend is unable to detect my
> adapters as DVB-C.

FWIW, some other messages from tvheadend in /var/log/messages:

Mar  1 22:44:50 kg-f4 tvheadend[6616]: START: HTS Tvheadend version
0.0.0~unknown started, running as PID:6616 UID:145 GID:145, CWD:/
CNF:/usr/local/etc/tvheadend
Mar  1 22:44:59 kg-f4 tvheadend[6616]: webui: failed to open
src/webui/static/smoothie.js
Mar  1 22:44:59 kg-f4 tvheadend[6616]: HTTP: 10.1.150.50:
/static/smoothie.js -- 500

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen