sysutils/lsof and defining _KERNEL

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 07:05:25 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Larry Rosenman <ler at lerctr.org> wrote:

> On 2014-02-28 14:57, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>
>> Larry Rosenman <ler at lerctr.org> writes:

>>> Hrm.  can you send me the config log?  I'll take a look -- likely
>>> tomorrow, as I'm traveling
>>> when I get off work today.
>>>

>> Okay; as soon as I finish another buildworld cycle; I still think it's
>> likely to be something screwed up on my system, given that lsof is a
>> dependency for some widely-used ports.
>>
>>  Also, have you done a make clean for sysutils/lsof?
>>>

>> Certainly. Even removed the whole sysutils subtree and re-checked it
>> out. I don't actually *have* ZFS on this system, so I could hack around
>> the problem easily enough, but I'd rather get to the bottom of it.
>>
>> Be well.
>>
> Ok.  If that doesn't jump out at me, can I get a login on your system to
> look around?

FWIW, I am also unable ot build lsof sine the last update. I am running
10-Stable ( r262619) and get this failure:
--- dnode2.o ---
In file included from dnode2.c:55:
In file included from
/usr/src/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/sys/zfs_znode.h:33:
In file included from
/usr/src/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/sys/zfs_vfsops.h:31:
In file included from /usr/src/sys/cddl/compat/opensolaris/sys/vfs.h:37:
In file included from /usr/src/sys/cddl/compat/opensolaris/sys/vnode.h:49:
In file included from /usr/src/sys/cddl/compat/opensolaris/sys/file.h:32:
In file included from /usr/include/sys/file.h:42:
In file included from
/usr/src/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/sys/refcount.h:33:
In file included from
/usr/src/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/sys/zfs_context.h:71:
/usr/src/sys/cddl/compat/opensolaris/sys/sdt.h:33:10: fatal error:
'opt_kdtrace.h' file not found
#include <opt_kdtrace.h>
         ^
--- lib/liblsof.a ---
ranlib liblsof.a

Looks like the exact same issue.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com