Error: Orphaned: @unexec rmdir "/home" >/dev/null 2>&1 || : (PING)

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Mon Jun 30 16:48:34 UTC 2014

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Antoine Brodin wrote:
>> Build with a non-standard PREFIX and LOCALBASE in /home/gerald/10-i386,
>> make ports builds have been failing with the following for a bit (for
>> lang/gcc49 among others):
>>
>>   #### Running regression-test, checking for orphans, checking pkg-plist.
>>   ====> Checking for pkg-plist issues (check-plist)
>>   ===> Parsing plist
>>   ===> Checking for items in STAGEDIR missing from pkg-plist
>>   Error: Orphaned: @unexec rmdir "/home/gerald" >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>>   Error: Orphaned: @unexec rmdir "/home" >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>> Any ideas what is going on here?  And what is adding those interesting
>> @unexec rmdir entries?
> You can try to add NO_PREFIX_RMDIR=yes to your port when you test it.
> Testing PREFIX!=LOCALBASE often produces strange results anyway,  in
> most cases people should test PREFIX=LOCALBASE != /usr/local and not
> PREFIX!=LOCALBASE.

Yes, but this had been working without problems for many years. :-) And
now only problem is this new (pkg-ng?) code and check-plist; apart from
that things work.

In my case PREFIX points to /scratch.  It's LOCALBASE that points to
/home/gerald/10-i386, so I am really puzzled about those @unexec rmdir's
that want to remove my LOCALBASE.

Why should any port or package meddle with LOCALBASE??

Gerald

PS: NO_PREFIX_RMDIR=yes makes things worse by adding the last three lines
to the output of check-plist.

Error: Orphaned: @unexec rmdir "/scratch2/tmp/gerald" >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
Error: Orphaned: @unexec rmdir "/scratch2/tmp" >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
Error: Orphaned: @unexec rmdir "/scratch2" >/dev/null 2>&1 || :