opencv2 import problem with python

Jason E. Hale jhale at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 30 09:02:58 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 2:24 AM, Rainer Hurling <rhurlin at gwdg.de> wrote:
> Am 29.06.2014 19:50 (UTC+1) schrieb Jason E. Hale:
> math/saga is a GIS application, which uses OpenCV in one of its modules.
> For some month now, SAGA GIS disables this module at start time of the
> program.
>
> I tried your patch for graphics/opencv, but nothing changed for me. It
> seems, the opencv libs continue to be non usable.

The patch was for py-opencv only, so I'm not sure it would apply to
saga.  I'll take a look at it though.

>> Note: you need to import numpy before cv2.
>
> Does this mean, we have to rebuild and reinstall math/py-numpy before
> installing graphics/opencv? Do we have to also reinstall
> graphics/opencv-core?

This would only apply to py-opencv, so that is the only port that
would have to be rebuilt.  Sorry if that was unclear.  I meant that
numpy should be imported at the python prompt before the opencv
module.
$python
>>> import numpy
>>> import cv2