[CFT]: net-mgmt/icinga2

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sun Jun 29 03:50:00 UTC 2014

I've just been setting this up, and had a question and a couple of notes.

Originally, I just installed icinga2.  The icinga2 port does not depend on
icinga, but appears to need it.  Is this really a dependency, or are the
two ports meant to be separate?

The icinga.conf-sample does not appear to be installed anywhere by the
current port.  It can be found in the staging directory,
stage/usr/local/share/examples/icinga/apache22/.

The embedded documentation shown is for 1.11, and it's not clear whether
the Javascript client for icinga 2 is available, or whether it will make
the CGI interface unnecessary.  Actually, given the config file, and both
versions installed, the older version might be the one that is running.  I
have not experimented with it much yet.

Thank you for your work on this!