pkg fail to install on AVILA/CAMBRIA arm boards

John Hay jhay at meraka.org.za
Sun Jun 22 19:59:56 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to build and install some port on a nfs booted CAMBRIA arm board
using FreeBSD-head. All depend on the new pkg and I can build the whole pkg,
but then when trying to install, I get

#############
root@:/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg # make install
===>  Installing for pkg-1.2.7_3
===>  Checking if ports-mgmt/pkg already installed
pkg-static: failed to find the version elf note
===>   Registering installation for pkg-1.2.7_3
pkg-static: failed to find the version elf note
pkg-static: failed to find the version elf note
Installing pkg-1.2.7_3...pkg-static: package field incomplete: architecture
pkg-static: the package is not valid
pkg-static: sqlite: cannot rollback - no transaction is active
If you are upgrading from the old package format, first run:

  # pkg2ng

*** Error code 70

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /export/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /export/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
##############
root@:~ # uname -a
FreeBSD  11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r267633M: Thu Jun 19 14:32:34 SAST 2014     jhay at dolphin.meraka.csir.co.za:/usr/obj/arm.armeb/snaps/arm/11-tst/src/sys/CAMBRIA  arm

Is there some bootstrapping that I need to do? My previous arm stuff
is on 9 and used the old pkg system, but I thought it is time to
upgrade. Should I rather build the old pkg for arm and -current?

Regards

John
--
John Hay -- jhay at meraka.csir.co.za / jhay at meraka.org.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org