How can I override global OPTIONS_UNSET for specific port in make.conf? www/xcache

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 22 10:04:01 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:49:29PM +0200, Marco Steinbach wrote:
> Miroslav Lachman schrieb:
> > I don't need DOCS, EXAMPLES etc. for each port as I normaly do not use
> > them on servers.
> > I have this line in make.conf
> >
> > OPTIONS_UNSET= X11 GUI CUPS DOCS EXAMPLES NLS
> >
> > Now I need www/xcache port installed with EXAMPLES.
> > I tried following in make.conf:
> >
> > xcache_SET= EXAMPLES
> >
> > or
> >
> > xcache_SET_FORCE= EXAMPLES
> >
> > In both cases, xcache is installed without EXAMPLES.
> >
> > So how can I have globally disabled EXAMPLES and enable it only for one
> > specific port?
>
> After some testing, I think this could be a bug in the handling of
> PORTEXAMPLES / PORTDOCS, since flipping EXAMPLES / DOCS options (and any
> other options I tried) with these switches works as expected.
>
> I'll try and have a go at this.

The port should just add EXAMPLES to OPTIONS_DEFINE otherwise the framework is
not entierly followed, if maintainer adds EXAMPLES then a simple
xcache_SET= EXAMPLES or www_xcache_SET= EXAMPLES

will just works.

That is why all DOCS, NLS, EXAMPLES etc should not anymore be hidden.

regards,
Bapt