What will happen with unstaged ports with pending PRs on June 30th?

Ivan Rokotov ivan.rokotov.bsd at yandex.ru
Sat Jun 21 13:45:58 UTC 2014

21.06.2014, 15:37, "Kurt Jaeger" <lists at opsec.eu>:
> Hi!
>>  Only 9 days left until the proposed deadline to add staging support
>>  to all ports. My question is: what will happen that day with unstaged
>>  ports that have submitted staging patches?
>
> From what I understand: Not much for additional 2 month.
>
> The plan was to remove the unstaged, deprecated ports beginning of August.

Well, from this mail:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2014-May/092166.html
I gather that they will be marked as 'DEPRECATED' and set as non-maintained. DEPRECATED ports can't be installed, AFAIK.

Nothing is said in the aforementioned mail about ports with pending PRs. I'm not a maintainer myself, but I guess that people won't be happy to have their maintainership reset if they actually did their job.

Ivan