TeX Live 2014: Notes for FreeBSD users

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Jun 19 13:57:12 UTC 2014

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 02:33:19 +0200, Nikola Lečić stated:

> Yesterday, Karl Berry announced the release of TeX Live 2014:
>
>   http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2014-June/035538.html
>
> TeX Live 2014 supports FreeBSD (i386 and amd64). All binaries are
> compiled to work on every FreeBSD >= 7.1. You can find some
> FreeBSD-specific notes here:
>
>   http://anthesphoria.net/FreeBSD/TeXLive-2014/

I use "tex-live" extensively on a Windows-8.1 based machine. I would love to
have a fully capable version available for FreeBSD. Isn't there a way that
the deficiencies in FBSD could be corrected so that a port of this
application could be created?

--
Jerry