How to pick up options from another ("master") port, but don't show "config" dialog at all and have defaults in case of absence of "master" port options file?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 16 12:27:47 UTC 2014

Hello, Ports.

  I want some "dependant" ports to pick-up options set in "main" port, but
 never ever show "config" dialog/UI. I've tried to set
 OPTIONS_NAME=cat_port, and it set OPTIONS_FILE_SET and OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET
 variables, but not PORT_OPTIONS variable, as this exact ("dependant") port
 doesn't have OPTIONS_DEFINE (of course).

  What is proper way to use options in this situation? OPTIONS_SLAVE doesn't
 look right, as it override options file. I need something like
 OPTIONS_SLAVE_DEFAULT, which will work as OPTIONS_SLAVE if here is no
 ${OPTIONS_FILE} and could be overridden by ${OPTIONS_FILE}, if it is
 present.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>