ports/189880: port pgpool-II out of date.

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Sun Jun 15 16:11:26 UTC 2014

Hello,

> Heh.  I was just starting to look at writing a pgpool-II-33 port, but it
> seems you have beaten me to it.

Well, and you provided a thorough review, thanks for that!

Now, who's in charge to merge all your recommendations ? Michelle ?

> >> Maybe pg-pool-II and pg-pool-devel...?  (3.1/2 in stable and 3.3 in
> >> devel - until it changes?)
>
> pgpool-II has 3 stable releases at the moment 3.1.10, 3.2.8, 3.3.3
> which are all still receiving updates.

Do you think that all three are still used by the ports users community ?

> > I assume that all the pgpool ports can be consolidated into one (3.3).

> > Maybe if we start by DEPRECATing the old ones to find out who
> > still wants them ? Bcc to kuriyama...

> There's a number of things wrong with this port, some inherited from the
> pgpool-II port you copied, and some where you're using outmoded constructs.
[lots of good hints]

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !