poudriere and local patches to ports

Anton Afanasyev aasoft at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:10:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:04 AM, G. Paul Ziemba <pz-freebsd-ports at ziemba.us
> wrote:

> Disclaimer: I set up my poudriere environment almost a year ago,
> so there could be new poudriere features to address this issue
> that I'm not aware of.

NOTE: I have not tested the method I describe, but I've exercised this idea
mentally for a while. If you do end up taking this approach, I would
appreciate it if you let me know how it worked out for you.

Poudriere supports updating its ports tree via alternative methods, namely
git and svn. You could thus set up a clone of FreeBSD's ports repository
that gets refreshed periodically (a simple script) and to which you would
also commit your own patches. This also has the added benefit of making the
history of all your patches' changes easily available.

Anton