Who broke staging as user?

Antoine Brodin antoine at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 11 13:22:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer.com> wrote:
> This is a new failure that I found when testing a (trivial) update
> to lang/gcc410 with some of my usual scripts:
>
>   ====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
>   ===>   Installing ldconfig configuration file
>   cannot create $WRKDIRPREFIX/stage/home/gerald/10-i386/libdata/ldconfig/gcc49: No such file or directory
>   *** Error code 2
>
> After scratching my head, I reran my tests for lang/gcc49 as in the
> tree today, and -- failure as well.
>
> Since I never commit an update to one of these ports without this
> kind of testing something must have broken this on June 6th or later.
>
> Digging into svn log $PORTSDIR/Mk a bit, here is my suspect:
>
>   r357076 | antoine | 2014-06-08 21:25:54 +0000 (Sun, 08 Jun 2014) | 8 lines
>
>   Kill NO_LDCONFIG_MTREE, it is long dead
>   Make USE_LDCONFIG work when PREFIX!=LOCALBASE,
>   LDCONFIG_DIR and LDCONFIG_32DIR are expected in LOCALBASE
>
>   Phabric:        D195
>   Reviewed by:    bapt
>   With hat:       portmgr
>
> For my test, LOCALBASE=/home/gerald/10-i386 and PREFIX=/scratch2/tmp/gerald/prefix.
>
> But, in general LOCALBASE may not be writeable, whereas PREFIX is,
> so I somehow doubt the logic to begin with.
>
> Though the failure here is a lack of ${MKDIR} in the staging directory
> somewhere it seems?

Hi,

I think that the problem is that your ${STAGEDIR}/${LOCALBASE} is not
populated with the usual mtree  (which includes the libdata/pkgconfig
directory)
You can try to remove the ".if defined(NO_MTREE) / .endif" around
@${MKDIR} ${STAGEDIR}${LOCALBASE}/${LDCONFIG_DIR} in bsd.port.mk,
although i'm not sure it's the right fix.

Cheers,

Antoine