how to set proxy after building textproc/gnome-translate ?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Jun 10 12:55:36 UTC 2014

Hi ports@
textproc/gnome-translate/Makefile MAINTAINER=ports

Anyone know how to set gnome-translate to talk to the proxy ?
(I'm not running gnome as wm but fvwm2,
  so rather reluctant to need to dig for some gnome proxy manager)
(my proxy works fine for various clients inc. firefox, epiphany & others)
I have:
	printenv | grep -i prox
	FTP_PROXY=ftp://gate
	http_proxy=http://gate.js.berklix.net:80
	all_proxy=http://gate.js.berklix.net
	no_proxy=localhost,js.berklix.net
I tried unsetenv no_proxy
	(idea from https://plus.google.com/+DirkHohndel/posts/CiZSHe3apx3 )
Now I'm looking at work/gnome-translate-0.99/src/gt-shell.c

It should not be this hard, Anyone knows the answer ?
Maybe we could put a simple hint in the ports Makefile ?

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix'78 C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
		Interleave replies Below, like a play script.