How are ports built now

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Sun Jun 8 17:04:21 UTC 2014

--On June 8, 2014 at 6:05:35 PM +0200 olli hauer <ohauer at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 2014-06-08 17:20, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> --On June 7, 2014 at 11:16:04 PM +0200 olli hauer <ohauer at gmx.de> wrote:

>>> Do you see which port is looping?
>>> Perhaps a port was moved / renamed / removed and portmaster therfore is
>>> looping around
>>>
>>> Sadly I cannot help more since I used all the years tinderbox /
>>> poudriere to build packages.
>>>

>> I've been working on this for two days now, so the parameters have
>> changed a bit.  But here's an example of what prompted my question:
>>
>> This is the result of portmaster -ad
>>
>> ===>>> All >> (18)
>>
>> ===>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proceed:
>>     Upgrade en-freebsd-doc-43251,1 to en-freebsd-doc-44807,1
>>     Install textproc/docproj
>>     Install print/ghostscript9
>>     Upgrade pkgconf-0.9.5 to pkgconf-0.9.6
>>     Upgrade lcms2-2.6_1 to lcms2-2.6_2
>>     Install textproc/docbook-xml
>>     Install textproc/docbook-sgml
>>     Install www/mod_authnz_external22
>>
>> ===>>> Proceed? y/n [y] n
>>
>> This is the result of pkg upgrade -n
>>
>> # pkg upgrade -n
>> Updating repository catalogue
>> Upgrades have been requested for the following 150 packages:
>>
>>     Installing xf86vidmodeproto: 2.3.1
>>     Installing damageproto: 1.2.1
>>     Installing dri2proto: 2.8
>>     Installing pciids: 20140526
>>     Installing randrproto: 1.4.0
>>     Installing perl5: 5.16.3_10
>>     Installing db48: 4.8.30.0
>
> On possible issue between `pkg upgrade' and portmaster with an current
> ports tree is that some of the ports where updated between last wednesday
> and now. E.g pkgconf and the freebsd docs where updated after the last
> package build.

[removed a bunch of lines]

> Is it possible that portmaster builds with NO_PORTDOCS or DOCS=off or
> similar?

No.

> The port mail/pflogsumm has as only OPTIONS_DEFINE=DOCS, but `pkg
> upgrade' complains about changed options
>>     Reinstalling pflogsumm-1.1.5,1 (options changed)
>
> DOCS on/off could be a possible explanation for all the '(options
> changed)' updates.

In general I accept the default options, which is to install docs and
examples.  There are very few cases where I do not do that.

Here's what portmaster wants to build now:

===>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proceed:
	Upgrade en-freebsd-doc-43251,1 to en-freebsd-doc-44807,1
	Install textproc/docbook-sgml
	Install textproc/docbook-xml
	Install www/mod_authnz_external22
	Re-install docproj-2.0_2
	Install print/ghostscript9

All of these ports fail to install individually.  Unfortunately, I have to
have ghostscript because I use ImageMagick for our forum.  Otherwise I
remove it.  It's always been problematic during installs and upgrades.

Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst