r356789 breaks rkhunter

Frank Seltzer frank_s at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 8 14:41:52 UTC 2014

I just upgraded rkhunter and the installer splatted the sample file over
my .conf file.

Running 'rkhunter --propupd' now quits with the error message

The SCRIPTDIR configuration option has not been set by the installer.

This option is now commented out in the .conf and .conf.sample file.

#
# This option specifies the script directory to use.
#
# The installer program will set the default directory. If this default is
# subsequently commented out or removed, then the program will not run.
#
#SCRIPTDIR=/usr/local/lib/rkhunter/scripts

This the correct directory where the scripts are installed.

Uncommenting this and re-running the command now quits with this error
message:

Invalid INSTALLDIR configuration option - no installation directory
specified.

I have searched around and have not found a file containing this option.

Help, please.

Frank