Who was the mental genius

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 05:56:30 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 12:42:27AM +0200, John Marino wrote:
> > The next time you are right will be the first time. [...] You are being
> > ridiculed because you're a boor and consistently wrong, which is not a
> > good combination.
>
> None of the above represents what I think FreeBSD ought to be about.
>

> mcl

John, Please let it go.

I was also annoyed by Paul's initial post, but it was the aggressive tone,
not the technical content. After I cooled off, I re-read it and his point
about lack of notice of the breakage of the ports really was valid. While
it was done on purpose, it was really, really necessary, but a notice of
the impending change would have been a Good Thing (TM).

Paul has largely calmed down and the "mental genius" has responded in a
thoughtful manner.  Several suggestions, some pretty reasonable have been
made that should improve the situation.

It's time to remove the chip on your shoulder and get on with life. I have
been annoyed by Paul before and probably will again, but, no matter how
annoying (and, perhaps even insulting) his comments might be, he made a
valid point and one that needs addressing. Continuing in attack mode is
simply not helping anyone.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com