Who was the mental genius

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Sat Jun 7 22:43:09 UTC 2014

On 6/7/2014 18:52, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I've searched.  There's no notice in UPDATING.  There was no
> announcement on the ports list.  I found NOTHING to warn me of this
> problem except other people complaining of the same problem.  8.4 went
> EOL in September 2012. This problem was introduced with a patch
> committed on May 5, 2014.  So the smart asses who ridiculed me about
> using an out of date system don't even know what they're talking about.

More inaccurate nonsense.  The next time you are right will be the first
time.

8.4 didn't even exist in 2012.  It was released June 9, 2013 and it is
still supported.  Assuming this is a typo and you meant release 8.3,
you're still wrong.  It was released in April 2012 and the EOL was 30
April 2014.  May 5 2014 is after 30 April 2014 (it's true, believe me).
 For that matter, May 2014 is 1.5 years after September 2012 so is your
point breakage about 1.5 years is bad?

You are being ridiculed because you're a boor and consistently wrong,
which is not a good combination.  The previous accusations don't look
far off the mark.