Integrating with pkg

Jim Trigg jtrigg at spamcop.net
Sat Jun 7 03:42:24 UTC 2014

I'm looking to port a utility from Ubuntu, and need to know what hooks
there are in pkg. I want to port etckeeper, a tool that automates
version control for /etc (and in our case $PREFIX/etc). Its current
implementation uses hooks in apt to automatically check in changes when
a package is installed/updated; I'm wondering what I can do to support
that functionality (checking in changes when a package or the base
system is installed/updated) in FreeBSD.

Thanks,
Jim Trigg