libiconv problems

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Jun 6 18:18:55 UTC 2014

--On June 6, 2014 at 12:46:09 PM -0500 Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On 6/6/14, 12:25 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> According to UPDATING, I should be able to do this to resolve issues
>> with libiconv:  pkg query %ro libiconv >ports_to_update
>>
>> On my system, running 8.4 RELEASE with the old packaging system, this
>> command doesn't do anything.  I ran pkg_info to get a list of
>> dependent apps and then piped that into xargs portmaster, but I got
>> errors.
>>
>> # cat dependencies.txt | xargs portmaster
>>
>> ===>>> /var/db/pkg/Information does not exist
>> ===>>> Aborting update
>>
>> ===>>> Killing background jobs
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> Terminated
>> ===>>> Exiting
>>
>> So how can I fix this problem without updating to the new pkg system?
>>
> You don't.
>
> UPDATING says:
> AFFECTS: 10-CURRENT users with any port depending on converters/libiconv
>
> 8.4 not affected, according to the entry.

All well and good, except for one problem:

ls /usr/ports/devel/libiconv*
ls: /usr/ports/devel/libiconv*: No such file or directory

And yes my ports are current.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst